Our Goal

The purpose of this blog is first and foremost to bring all glory and honor to Christ through our actions and words. Though this blog helps those who view it to follow the life of my amazing little brother I write this blog primarily to unite the body of Christ through prayer and thanksgiving. Samuel and I love sharing the beauty of our Lord with you. May you feel the healing touch of the Savior in your daily lives.
-Kaitlyn

Samuel's Celebration of Life DVD

Here it is guys. This is the service we had for Samuel on 10/13/10. This is for you guys. You have been such a help and support. We want to thank every prayer warrior and follower who has journeyed alongside us and Samuel.

If anyone would like a copy of the DVD, you may e-mail me at kaitlyn@contractcallers.com .

We hope you are as blessed by Mike’s work as we have been.

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 1/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 2/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 3/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 4/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 5/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 6/6

A Walk with Samuel

These are the videos that show you glimpses of Samuel's life. We hope you enjoy them.

Samuel's Third DVD

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made- Samuel's Second DVD

A Video for Samuel by his big sister Kaitlyn

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dear Friends, A Letter From Samuel

Dear Friends,

As we speed our way through 2010 I wanted to take the time to say thank you. I’m so glad the Lord has brought so many of you into my life and the life of my family. The many cards and e-mails sent to encourage us or remind us that you are still following me along my journey have helped lift us up many times. In many ways you have been with us for the many challenges and milestones by keeping up with the blog and updates. The Lord has challenged us but put each of you as a relief along the roadside to help encourage us in our lives. Often the goodness and love of God manifests itself in the people around us.
The bible says prayers move mountains. This means that every individual has played a significant part in my life. Your constant prayers for me have brought about miraculous works from the Lord’s mighty hand. Medicine says I should not be here. God says only He decides who He leaves on this earth to bring Him glory and who He takes home to be with Him. Medicine said I would never draw my own breath, yet you all joined yourselves alongside my family and prayed in faith for God to fill my lungs with life giving breath. I breathe today because God saw fit to honor your faithfulness.
God calls us to stand in faith. He always upholds us even in the hardest of times. Even in the times when it seems hard to pray we continue to stand in faith. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not yet seen. Christ has already won the victory.
I wish I could express my gratitude, but words fail. However, one day the Lord will reward. He will say, ‘Well done good and faithful servant. As you ministered to the least of these, so you have ministered to Me also.’ He will proceed to give you a crown of glory and recompense you for your prayers and faithfulness. He will do a far better job than I could ever do with my meager words.
Through your efforts and God’s good pleasure I continue to make strides forward. Many times we forget to see the blessings in our lives. We forget that life is but a vapor and that God holds the days of our lives in His hands. Even when the trials come and we can’t see our way God is with us. Thank you for standing alongside of me and having the eyes to see past what the world sees and seeing me for all the possibilities God has in store.
God says in his word, ‘Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though it is some strange thing happening to you. Rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed you may also be glad with exceeding joy.’ 1 Peter 4:12-13.
We are to be as a living sacrifice, testifying with each breath given. The Lord has enabled me to speak into the lives of people who would not have heard me as a “normal” child. I have been affectionately referred to by friends and family as a little missionary because God has given me the ability to minister in places that many cannot do so. Thank you for standing beside me and my family as we continue down this road that God has set before us. We all have the same purpose in life; God just equips each of us differently to accomplish that purpose.
My sister will be sending out an invitation the beginning of next week for our celebration of life on June 4th and 5th. Hope to see you all here.

With love,

Samuel Ian, ‘God hears our prayers and answers graciously’





No comments:

Post a Comment