Our Goal

The purpose of this blog is first and foremost to bring all glory and honor to Christ through our actions and words. Though this blog helps those who view it to follow the life of my amazing little brother I write this blog primarily to unite the body of Christ through prayer and thanksgiving. Samuel and I love sharing the beauty of our Lord with you. May you feel the healing touch of the Savior in your daily lives.
-Kaitlyn

Samuel's Celebration of Life DVD

Here it is guys. This is the service we had for Samuel on 10/13/10. This is for you guys. You have been such a help and support. We want to thank every prayer warrior and follower who has journeyed alongside us and Samuel.

If anyone would like a copy of the DVD, you may e-mail me at kaitlyn@contractcallers.com .

We hope you are as blessed by Mike’s work as we have been.

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 1/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 2/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 3/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 4/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 5/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 6/6

A Walk with Samuel

These are the videos that show you glimpses of Samuel's life. We hope you enjoy them.

Samuel's Third DVD

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made- Samuel's Second DVD

A Video for Samuel by his big sister Kaitlyn

Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Race Well Run

On October 10th 2010 Samuel Ian Emery went to be with the Lord around 11 o’clock. I have known lots of heartache over the years, but I have never felt a pain like the one I now feel. I know that Samuel has no more pain, that his life has been well lived and he is now able to rest his weary body, I know Samuel has heard those beloved words ‘well done, good and faithful servant’, but those truths don’t deaden the feeling of being robbed of a sacred treasure.

God is a Rock of strength and a strong one at that, as a good friend reminded me while Samuel made his journey to Cardinal Glennon. We rest our all upon him, and there are no other arms large enough to support our aching hearts. At this point I feel utterly unable to communicate anything of substance and I’m really not sure I can say anything more. My mind is still reeling and my heart feels physically ill. I wrestle with the thoughts of ‘Why God’, all the while knowing that the answer is because Samuel has fulfilled his purpose here on earth, he was a faithful witness who never lost sight of the goal. And yet my heart still breaks as I hold my sweet little Elianna and wonder how we will break this news to her. She who idolizes her baby brother, who gives him 40 kisses after a stay in the hospital, who fixes his drool rages with the utmost of care, how will we tell her that our most priceless gift has been returned to the Giver?

Thank you all for all your love and support over the last year and beyond. This will not be the last time you hear from me, but for now I have things to do, prayers to pray, and a heart in desperate need of a Savior’s soothing touch. May the Lord richly bless you this day.

In Christ’s Love,

Kaitlyn

6 comments:

  1. I am praying.

    Your sister,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you.

    With love in Christ,
    Abby aka PrincessoftheKing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls. The prayers are a tremendous blessing. Thank you for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I just came to your site via your post on Sir Emeth's blog, and was immediately greeted by this sad story. Fortunately, this sad story has a happy ending, for Samuel is safe and free - running and singing in Paradise.

    Thank you for a bright spot in my day.

    Good Struggle,
    Isaac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Isaac. I'm so glad the Lord touched you through Samuel's life. There is a happy ending to this story. Please pray that I will be able to put this story on paper and be able to circulate it through the hospitals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While you may mourn for his loss, heaven rejoices for his gain.
    We love you, Airi. And I'm constantly praying for you and your family.
    Elly-from-HW

    ReplyDelete