Our Goal

The purpose of this blog is first and foremost to bring all glory and honor to Christ through our actions and words. Though this blog helps those who view it to follow the life of my amazing little brother I write this blog primarily to unite the body of Christ through prayer and thanksgiving. Samuel and I love sharing the beauty of our Lord with you. May you feel the healing touch of the Savior in your daily lives.
-Kaitlyn

Samuel's Celebration of Life DVD

Here it is guys. This is the service we had for Samuel on 10/13/10. This is for you guys. You have been such a help and support. We want to thank every prayer warrior and follower who has journeyed alongside us and Samuel.

If anyone would like a copy of the DVD, you may e-mail me at kaitlyn@contractcallers.com .

We hope you are as blessed by Mike’s work as we have been.

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 1/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 2/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 3/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 4/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 5/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 6/6

A Walk with Samuel

These are the videos that show you glimpses of Samuel's life. We hope you enjoy them.

Samuel's Third DVD

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made- Samuel's Second DVD

A Video for Samuel by his big sister Kaitlyn

Friday, June 26, 2009

10th Update

As usual, it has been several days since my last update. There is still no definite gag reflex. He doesn’t like it when they try to gag him, but it’s just not there yet. Samuel has been doing well and has had no problems with his breathing since my last update. His ventilator settings are set as low as they can without removing the vent. Tomorrow (June 26) at 10:00 am we are going to remove the ventilator tube to see if he will continue to breathe on his own. We have coordinated the photographer from Footprints to take pictures right after we remove the vent tube; that way we can get photos without the vent or feeding tubes. As soon as I have the photos, I will post some on the website.

I ask that you continue to pray for the following: gag reflex, healing to the damaged areas of the brain, protection from pneumonia and that Samuel’s breathing would remain strong and constant after we remove the vent tube. If Samuel does not tolerate breathing without the vent, then we will have to replace it and they will schedule the tracheotomy; if he does not develop a gag reflex then the G-tube surgery will have to be done before he goes home. Pneumonia is a possible concern because without the gag reflex he can aspirate (his saliva goes into his lungs instead of his stomach). Without the gag reflex, which also causes swallowing, Samuel’s mouth will have to be suctioned frequently to reduce the possibility of aspiration.

After many repairs and attempts, the RV is finally ready to come up to the hospital; however, we just found out that an apartment is opening up at the Ronald McDonald House. We are not sure if our family is next on the waiting list or not, so the boys and I will continue to sleep at my office on the floor until we find out. The apartment has an occupancy of six and would be the ideal situation. I will be out of vacation and sick days, so I return to work next week. The Ronald McDonald House is only 5 minutes from my office. If the apartment doesn’t work out, we have the RV as a backup plan.

On a side note, someone asked me if I was aggravated with the doctors or hospital about the issue of “pulling the plug.” My answer is absolutely NOT. The doctors, nurses and staff have been wonderful and we appreciate everything they are doing for Samuel and our family. God has gifted them with exceptional knowledge and ability. I respect their opinion and asked them not to sugar coat anything. I just don’t agree with some of them on this subject. That doesn’t mean I am specifically angry at anyone – they don’t agree with my worldview and I don’t agree with theirs, it’s that simple…

As always, thank you for your continued prayers…
Yancy

No comments:

Post a Comment