Our Goal

The purpose of this blog is first and foremost to bring all glory and honor to Christ through our actions and words. Though this blog helps those who view it to follow the life of my amazing little brother I write this blog primarily to unite the body of Christ through prayer and thanksgiving. Samuel and I love sharing the beauty of our Lord with you. May you feel the healing touch of the Savior in your daily lives.
-Kaitlyn

Samuel's Celebration of Life DVD

Here it is guys. This is the service we had for Samuel on 10/13/10. This is for you guys. You have been such a help and support. We want to thank every prayer warrior and follower who has journeyed alongside us and Samuel.

If anyone would like a copy of the DVD, you may e-mail me at kaitlyn@contractcallers.com .

We hope you are as blessed by Mike’s work as we have been.

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 1/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 2/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 3/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 4/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 5/6

Samuel's Celebration of Life- Part 6/6

A Walk with Samuel

These are the videos that show you glimpses of Samuel's life. We hope you enjoy them.

Samuel's Third DVD

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made- Samuel's Second DVD

A Video for Samuel by his big sister Kaitlyn

Monday, June 8, 2009

7th Update

Samuel has had a rough couple of days (June 6th and 7th). His blood pressure was high and they gave him one dose of blood pressure meds, which brought it down too far and it has been difficult for him to maintain since then. He has also had problems maintaining a consistent body temp and he has been back on the ventilator. Last night he started doing better in all these areas. This morning he has started to breathe over the ventilator again and they have started the process of weaning the support down.

On the morning of the 6th he started to show some possible signs of developing his gag reflex. He did not “gag” but he did squirm a little. He did not do this on the 7th, but did squirm again this morning. We hope this continues to develop because they are talking about doing a tracheotomy in a few days if it doesn’t.

In one of my previous updates, I mentioned that we had a room in the Ronald McDonald House (RMH) across from the hospital. I did not mention that due to fire codes they only allow 4 people to stay overnight. We now have seven in our family, so we have not been able to all be together during this time. This has not set well with me since I think it is very important for us all to be together. Yesterday I spoke with my friend, Bruce (he was also my former pastor), and he said we could use his RV and park it outside of the Ronald McDonald House. I ask the hospital security if there was any issues in doing this and they said it was not a problem. This was an answer to prayer. In a few days we will all be together. The guys will sleep in the RV and the girls in the RMH. The hospital is only a few minutes from my work, so when I am done using my sick and vacation days, I will only be a short distance away.

We ask specific prayers for Samuel’s gag reflex, breathing, blood pressure and body temp. We thank you for your prayer support and ask that you not grow weary as this may be a long road.

Yancy

No comments:

Post a Comment